Welcome to the ENG 263 Course Blog

Welcome to the ENG 263 Studies in the American Culture, Spring 2010 course blog.

Please feel free to express your impressions, views and opinions based on what has been happening during class.

The Blog is open to all who wish to participate in a respectful exchange of thoughts, ideas, positions, proposals, and anything else that comes up as long as the subject is about the issues that concern the U.S. culture as a whole.

Nevertheless, I must ask the authors to identify themselves at all times.

I hope you enjoy this education experience.

E. Prifti, Course Instructor

*****

- Kt Gustafson she live in Rreshen and its Baptist (emergent)
-Dylan Bycr he live in Peshkopi its protestant non-denominational(Episcopalian)and he study theology
-Amanda Doll she live in Librazhd is catholic
-Trevis Sabran live in Vlore is Jewish/catholic (religious studies) secular
The question that we made to the guests were:
1-when two people get married and they have different religious view, what’s the relationship between them?
Amanda: if one of the spouses is catholic the other spouse must be converted in catholic to marry him or her, but for me it’s not very important, he can do what he want.

Dylan: it’s not problem if someone is catholic or jewish, I knew the parents of my friend, her father is jewish and her mother is catholic and they grew up their family as Jewish
.
K.T: I knew some people that were divorced and the reason was religious, but for me its not problem if he is catholic or not.

2-which is the religious position towards homosexuals?
Dylan: for me its not problem if someone is gay, lesbian or homosexual.

Amanda: is different for me and is different for the church, for me its no problem, but for the church is not allowed, you can be a gay but you cant practice the catholic religion.

trevis:hinduism is religion derived from india, its conservative and doesn’t let the homosexuals, Buddhism also derived from India.

K.T: Is the same as Amanda.

3 -how much the religion influence on you?

Trevis: on me zero.

Dylan: on me a little bit, Ican say 70%.

Amanda: on me a little because my father was prist before his marriage with my mum.

This meeting was so great and I feel very well when we have guests, is so nice and special for me that we can learn and we can understand much better the life in American. I hope to have another chance to have guests like Dylan, Amanda, Trevis and Kt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment